Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fijian Shower

This morning, not by my own choosing, I had a Fijian shower. The roommates took all the hot water and I was left with the ice cold stream of water to do the job. As I was trying to catch my breath the whole time during the ordeal, I was reminded back to Fiji where I did this every, single day. I was tough for 2 1/2 months.... I'm not so tough anymore. Raise your hand if you love hot water!
The only thing missing from this Fijian shower was absolutely no water pressure, a moldy, smelly towel, wearing flip-flops to avoid getting a disease, a weird unknown mold creepin' up the walls, and outrageous humidity levels discouraging the fact that you just took a shower. I'm grateful to be back in the good ol' USA and even after 6 months of being home, I'm still constantly reminded of that.

Now, if I can just return the favor to my roommates....



Here's a video of the sweet house I lived in while in Fiji. I point out the bathroom and shower for you to get a glimpse of what I mean.

1 comment: